What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Friday, October 1, 2010

How long will it last?

Ben and Marissa are getting up between 5 and 5:30 in the morning. Who's kids are they? Neither of their parents are morning people so what would make them get up so early, especially now that we are to the darker time of the year and the sun doesn't start to rise until 6:30. Fortunately, they get up, dress, and go quietly downstairs to read their scriptures and write what they learned in their journals. Most mornings, when I come down after 6, they are usually finishing up or are done and have moved on to reading other books. One nice thing about it is that they no longer lay in bed at night, waiting to fall asleep. Since they have been up almost two hours more than they used to, they are ready to fall right to sleep. They also work on their school stuff on the computers, after I come down, so they get a lot of that done before the other kids even get up, which allows them more free time in the afternoon... or they are available to do the dishes from breakfast and lunch that I haven't done yet.

2 comments:

The Fredericks said...

ew- I hate that- :)

Jeni said...

The best thing I see is that they don't wake you up! if my kids get up early, they don't seem to know what to do and they come wake us up!