What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Roasting and carving

Last Monday we finally carved some pumpkins into jack-o-lanterns. First, Kevin cut the tops off and cleaned them out. I took the seeds inside to clean them more and roast them. I put them in a butter/olive oil/salt mixture and then spread them out on two cookie sheets. Then I sprinkled them with sugar before putting them in the oven. This is what they looked like.


We ate them for refreshments after Family Home Evening. The kids liked them - they all gave thumbs up - but not enough to ask for them all the time because I still have some left. (They are harder to eat than I remember them - I end up spitting out the remaining stuff that doesn't want to go down.)






Then it was time to carve. Our friends came over to help out and I'm so glad they did or it would have taken a really long time to carve them all. I think they turned out great for our first time ever carving.












The pumpkin in the middle does change in the two dark pictures because Marissa wanted two faces on hers. It was a fun evening and maybe in a few years the kids can cut their own - when they can be trusted with sharp knives.

1 comment:

The Fredericks said...

HOORAY! what a fun time- we have pumpkin seeds too GREAT pumpkins as well ps!