What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Johnson's Pumpkin Patch

One of our friends mentioned going to the pumpkin patch so we went. It was nice to get out and see something new. I REALLY need to do more of these kinds of things. The kids were great with the group pictures that I wanted to take (except for one but I won't talk about that) and we really enjoyed seeing all the different animals. They had bunnies, goats, sheep, and fancy chickens. There was a blacksmith, a chainsaw wood carver, lots of pumpkins, and other booths selling stuff. There was a corn maze, a tractor train ride, face painting, and other things that cost money to do. They even had a giant catapult that they shot pumpkins out of to see if they could hit an ambulance parked about 750 feet away. (The pumpkin we saw went way past it.) It was a fun little trip and we left when it started to rain on us. Xiomara asked me why I didn't bring the umbrellas. I reminded her that when we lived on a tropical island I had a really hard time remembering the umbrellas, and it rained almost every day there. Besides, I think we left all our umbrellas on the island. Here are lots of pictures... enjoy!




















3 comments:

Jessie said...

you are so good at taking pictures of everything. i felt like i was there! :) your kids are the cutest!

Nick and Jesse Coleman said...

I love pumpkin patches--what fun! We have snow now, so its feeling more like winter all of a sudden here in Utah. I wish we could have hung on to fall for another couple weeks :)

The Fredericks said...

wow- now that is a pumpkin patch- looks like tons of fun - I need to post pics of the one we went to- NOT as fun as yours... :)