What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Trunk-or-Treating

We went to the parking lot at Church to enjoy some Trick-or-Treating. People from the ward gathered, with decorated car trunks, and handed out sweets to the kids. It was still light out and my friend came to help me with the kids. She took them around and I sat at my trunk with the baby. (It's the first time I have ever handed out candy.) My friend even took my camera to get pictures of the kids. It was a bit windy but nothing like it has been so we'll be thankful it was a breeze and leave it at that. I really think Halloween should be changed to the last Saturday of the month rather than the 31st - but maybe that's just me. Happy Spooking to all!

Here's my gang: Ben is a vampire, Marissa is Mulan (but she wore her coat on so you couldn't see her dress), Emily is Cinderella, Xiomara is "The Incredible Shrinking Woman", Kemiah is an elephant, and Domonique is a pea (see the next pic).






Some of the cars had games for the kids to play. This one was a stuffed animal tossing gaming. Notice Emily and Xiomara's hair is blowing.


This one was a riding game and they tried to knock over rolls of paper towels.


Xiomara just finished her turn. I saw her from my trunk... she knocked over most of the paper towels but there was one still standing so she hit it with her hand.


Two of my girls with Curious George and the Man in the Yellow Hat.


Why do kids really like the fake fangs?


She ate candy the whole time she was collecting it. The only reason she came home with any in her bag is because it takes time to eat each piece.


Ben was very excited to get his own set of teeth to complete his costume.


Me and the baby just hangin' out in the car.


I brought our jack-o-lanterns to decorate the trunk. I hope to get our carving pictures posted, too.


They look great!

2 comments:

Jessie said...

fun! i want to trunk-or-treat! :)

The Fredericks said...

oh sooooo cute- i love each one and how fun the fake teeth and candy eaters are :) I especially love the shrinking woman and the pea- again-soooo cute!