What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Buggy business


I thought the bugs on the island were bad. These guys are crazy! All those black spots are bugs and that's only one corner of a very large window! I can only assume they are flocking to my south facing windows because it is cold outside, and toasty warm in the windows. The only problem is that the windows are not sealed so they eventually find their way into the house. Ugh. Ben's idea today was to spray bug repellant on the windows and maybe that would keep them away. Really they aren't a big deal because they don't do much. However, I did not appreciate having one crawl on my foot tonight as I sat down to feed the baby.

2 comments:

Chelsie said...

I was totally grossed out by this until I saw what they were. Box Elder bugs definitely like the warmth, they used to congregate on our metal garage door in the fall because it was nice and warm.

It's like you said though, they really don't do much but they do get obnoxious after a while! I guess we can be grateful they aren't cockroaches?!?! Good luck fighting them off. : )

Tamara and Stephen said...

I'v tried the bug spray around windows and it works really well. Its how I used to keep my room box elder bug free at my mum's house as a teen. and in Dominica. I some times just open the window and spray the whole screen off. I hate bugs!