What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

4 in 4 years


Xiomara received her fourth head wound today. Her first one was in Alaska - she fell and the back of her head hit the corner of a metal leg of one of the kid's desks. It started gushing and really freaked me out but stopped quickly enough and we all survived. Then she got two more (one on the forhead and the hair line and one on her eyebrow) while we were on the island - concrete corners are not forgiving at all when your head comes in contact with them. Today, the kids were getting in the car to go to Church and some how she fell and landed on the back of her head. This time it was not gushing right away so I made her get in the car and we were on our way to Church. Then she said, "Mom, my head is bleed." I had her turn her head so Marissa could verify. Fortunately, Marissa didn't scream but she did confirm that there was blood on the back of Xiomara's head. I pulled over to check it out... We went back home to clean her up. Then I decided to take her to the ER to get it checked out. Really I should have just handled it - if it had been any other day I would have just had her stay inside and that would have been that. I was too focused on trying to get to Church and having her bleed while at Church just didn't seem right to me. Fortunately, Kevin came and got the other kids (he was at the hospital checking on patients so at least that worked out nicely) and they went to Church. Xiomara and I waited and waited and never made it to Church. We made it home before everyone else and when we walked into the house Xiomara wanted to say a prayer to ask Heavenly Father to forgive us for not making it to Church. After the prayer she said that he forgave us. She is fine and the next time I'm doing the stitch myself - I'll numb it with ice and we'll just do it at home.

1 comment:

The Fredericks said...

she is a busy little bee isn't she- but so dang cute!