What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Monday, October 11, 2010

Look what I saw!

You might be wondering why I would get so excited about this...


I will be the first to admit that I have seen my fair share of rainbows while living on the island. It was often a daily occurrence, and sometimes multiple times in one day. Sometimes we'd see doubles. Sometimes they would be faint or brilliant. So why would I get so excited about seeing one in my backyard in Michigan? Well, let me tell you. It was about a week or so ago that I was driving in my car, with my children, and it was raining. It was cloudy and rainy and I realized I might not see very many rainbows here. I was a little bit sad when I thought about this because it was so awesome to see so many rainbows. I miss them. So as I drove I wanted to see one again. I can't say that I offered a silent prayer or anything like that, but it was the desire of my heart to see one again. You must understand now why I was so excited to see this rainbow in my backyard. It was Oct 3, General Conference weekend. I noticed that it was misting outside but the sun was shining. My heart leaped and I knew there must be a rainbow. I went out my back door and past the garage and that's when I saw the faint rainbow. I kept walking and was delighted to see the brighter rainbow as well! I know that it was a tender mercy from the Lord. I know that He is aware of me, of you, and that He shares these types of things with us to brighten our lives, to lighten our loads, to bring us joy. I am truly grateful for these moments.

No comments: