What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day!

I am so grateful to all those who have given their lives so that I may enjoy freedom! I have a new appreciation for these men and women because of the history course work I have done with my kids in their school. We went over all the wars that America has been in and it was a learning experience for me - I don't remember much from my elementary days. It is also amazing to me how war has changed and how the views of the people have changed. Anyway, I'm so grateful that we are still free and I pray that we will stand up for the Constitution of our Country. It was founded by men who were led by God and we need to stick with it - or be destroyed by our own doing.

Our ward had a picnic at a park so we took brownies and enjoyed socializing. The kids really enjoyed being able to play with their friends and run around. There were several different playground areas. The one the kids liked the best was the big wooden boat.








When we were done with that, we stopped by a friend's lake to swim. I figured the kids needed that, too, because it's been so long since they have been in the water and they all love to swim. They loved it. Kemiah stayed out of the water, until the very end, but probably because I wasn't in the water. The other kids went right away and enjoyed swimming, a paddle boat ride, and canoeing. The family that owns it said we could use it when ever we wanted so it will be a nice summer activity.


Ben and Ashley, a girl in his Primary class, used the plastic pool as a boat. It was fun, until it sank. Luckily, it was easily recovered.


Some of the gang taking out the canoe. It was really fun to watch them having so much fun, and they never tipped over.








It was really a nice day. Thank you to all who made it fun. Thank you, again, to all who made it possible - keeping us free!

1 comment:

The Fredericks said...

adorable children adorable!