What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Monday, May 24, 2010

Sweet compliments.

On Friday, we went outside and drew pictures on the driveway with Marissa's birthday chalk. Everyone was excited. Kemiah likes making chalk spots and coloring her hands - "beautiful" is what she said when she held out her colored hand to show me. I eventually joined in but wasn't really sure what to draw. I started out thinking I would draw a funny face but it turned into a lovely cow. Then I thought I'd draw a horse but it was really a dog. I think I went on to draw an island in the sea, two bunnies, a crab and a sea turtle. After each picture, the kids would cheer and say, "You're the best drawer ever. I love your picture." Then Marissa and Xiomara would help by coloring them in. I just smiled and said, "Thank you. I'm glad you like them." I'm absolutely sure they haven't seen my older sister draw because she's the real artist in the family. I figured I'd share our artwork... it was washed away with the rain on Saturday.

So here are my drawings, with the coloring done by my kids.










My dog is to the right and Marissa's dog is to the left. Xiomara added the red for color.


My turtle is to the right and Ximoara's turtle is on the left.




Emily in the act of drawing a whale.


Mariss'a drew a butterfly.




Emily drew a clam and a bear.... then a moose.



2 comments:

Jessie said...

i don't know jacquelle... i think you may have some competition. your kids are pretty good little artists too. i dare say, they may be the BEST DRAWERS EVER. :)

The Fredericks said...

Marissa is an artist too- I love her dog- it looks like a cartoon- what a fun time :) your children's hair is darker already- wa!