What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Monday, May 17, 2010

Rainy day pictures.

I just had to take some pictures the other day. It was raining but looked really neat. So I thought I would share. It made me happy to take some pictures - I don't do it nearly as much as I did on the island and I miss it.

We had a robin couple build a nest at the top of a gutter, under the protection of the roof. They ended up having 4 babies and they grew really quickly. They have left the nest - one morning they just weren't there anymore. There is one still around the house that flies a bit but hops around and is still being fed by the parents. I don't know what happened but it has been neat to watch it.


Here's the fat baby bird.


I loved the look of the haze.




New growth on our pine trees, with pine cones and rain drops.


Drops in a puddle in our front yard.


The only yellow tulip in our yard. We had one other tulip, a red one, but it's gone already. I really want to plant more for next year. We'll see.


These little delicate flowers are growing in our front plot.


My neighbors red maple. There are lots of these around town and I really like them, with the green contrast of the other tress and the grass.

5 comments:

Jessie said...

those little white delicate flowers are called "lily of the valley" and they are my favorites. :)

Chelsie said...

Beautiful pictures Jacquelle! We miss you guys hope all is well!

J. Porters said...

How pretty!

Jeni said...

beautiful pictures!

The Fredericks said...

yay! I love them- AND they are so beautifully American