What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Saturday, May 29, 2010

A day on the farm.

Okay, so we don't really qualify for farm status but some times it feels like it. I brought out the black chickens and the kids played with them in the grass, while Kevin was tilling up the garden in the background. He stayed home last Wednesday to mow the lawn, work in the garden, and move the chickens from the basement to the garage. It was a very productive day for him and I'm so thankful that he is willing to work so hard - even though I'm home all day and could probably do most of that stuff myself.

I really thought, when we got the baby chicks, that I would post more about them and you'd think they were my children. I have taken pictures, but since they have been in the basement we really don't spend much time with them. Now they are even farther away and I'm no longer willing to feed them out of my hand - it's usually late when we remember to feed them. The kids still love taking them out and playing with them... even Xiomara has gotten better at handling them so it's fun for everyone.












Kevin didn't want to sunburn his neck again so that's why he had the shirt on his head.




Just had to include a picture of the dandelion puff. The field of white puffs are just as pretty as the yellow flowers.

No comments: