What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Who'd have thunk?

Michigan is more like a Caribbean Island than I ever thought it could be. No really! Now that we are into warmer weather they are a lot alike.
  • We bought two standing fans to help keep us cool. I thought that was just an island thing - we never really used fans in Alaska.
  • I am grateful for the breeze. It makes playing and working outside so much more comfortable and enjoyable.
  • I still hate when I find ants in my house.
  • My kids were eaten by mosquitoes at the Memorial Picnic and lake outing. Xiomara was the worst (approximately 47 bites on her little body).
  • The beach and water are still a favorite place to go.
  • Dad deals with studying in cold air conditioning while we deal with a non-air conditioned home.
  • I need to shower every night before going to bed because I feel so sticky.
  • I love listening to all the noises outside (here it's birds, there it was other stuff as well as birds).

Yes, they are a lot alike.

No comments: