What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Can it be?

I only have a week and a half until the due date!?! I'm sure I'll go past "the date" but it really is getting closer. June is over soon and it will be the month I've been waiting for. I have found that no matter how many times I do this, when it comes to the end, I'm always in a tug-of-war. I'm ready for my back and ribs to stop aching, my feet to stop swelling, my veins to stop bulging, my hip to stop hurting, and all the other things that go along with it. I'm ready for the baby to be here so I can hold her, feed her, watch her, smell her, bathe her, and be awed by her. At the same time I'm not ready for any of it, especially the delivery part. It is easy to take of care of her when she's inside me - I don't have to worry about misplacing her. It's a sort of strange see-saw ride I'm on. At least I know it will end some day and I'll be so happy and life will move on!

People, strangers even, ask if we'll stop with #6. I really must say that it's a bad question to ask someone who's a little more than uncomfortable most of the time. But I always say, "I'm not sure." The popular response to that is a statement about wanting another boy. I've tried to have another boy and we just keep having beautiful girls so maybe one boy is enough. I just don't know for sure - and maybe that, in and of itself, means we're not done yet.

P.S. Sorry there was no picture. I tried to take one myself but it didn't work and Kevin isn't here to take one of me but I just had Ben take one of me so I thought I'd add it in. It's not really the best because my dress matches the wall and maybe you can't tell how big I feel but it'll have to do.

4 comments:

The Fredericks said...

I know what you mean about your feelings- all so true- but i'm angry that there isn't a belly pic in this post!

Michigan Roys said...

Fixed that! I wanted to put in a picture but didn't have one because Ben was asleep when I posted this but now you have the picture. I haven't decided if I'll post the naked belly pictures that I always take on the due date...

J. Porters said...

It is always exciting to be so close to the end. Good luck in the coming weeks.

The Fredericks said...

ah! "due" post them- get it? ha! seriously though! and yes- she is BIG but cute :)