What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Saturday, June 5, 2010

School's Out!

We are done with school! Kevin took his STEP1 board exam yesterday and the older kids finished their second school year! Hurray! Kevin feels good about his test and is spending the first part of today with the Young Men from Church at the temple in Detroit. No more studying for him so we'll be seeing him a lot more. We will have a little party tonight with cake and ice cream to celebrate. Now I just need to get it made so that we can actually do it.

Now for summer.... I made a list of things that we need to review during the next couple months (math, spelling, reading, geography, practicing piano, parts of speech) so the kids don't forget everything we just learned. I also need to get some kind of chore sheet (daily or weekly) so that we make sure we get other things done. Then maybe we'll be in some good habits when school starts back up again. I should also take some time to work with the younger girls - get Joy School going for them - since they have been left out for a while. We'll do some swimming and gardening and have a baby and lots of other things. Sounds like fun!

3 comments:

Nick and Jesse Coleman said...

I love the "swimming, gardening and have a baby and lots of other things" part. :) Sounds like a fun summer is on the way!!!

Jessie said...

busy busy busy! congrats to kevin on taking step1. i bet that feels good to have one more thing out of the way.

Josh and Kelly said...

Congrats Kevin! I have to admit I am a little bit jealous and looking forward to that day! Enjoy your time with him!