What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Why didn't I think of that?

Kevin ordered a new bunk bed unit, because we'll need another bed in another month, and we need to start rearranging now so all the children are used to their new sleeping places when the baby comes. They delivered a large box today, with the parts and pieces for the bed inside. I wasn't sure where Kevin decided it should go - girl's room or Ben's room - so I was going to just move it inside and off the front porch. Ben grabbed one end and I was ready to lift the other but when we tried, we realized it was WAY too heavy for us. So I decided we'd have to wait for Kevin ('cuz he's real strong). I was sitting on the couch with Domonique when I told Kevin about the box, that Ben and I could not lift it, and that we would need help to get it inside. He looked at me and said, "Did you open it?" And that's when I realized what we could have done - just moved the pieces inside one at a time instead of trying to move the whole load at once. I started giggling and then I was out right laughing at myself and couldn't believe that I hadn't thought of that. I'm not sure why I thought it was so funny, but it really was. I mentioned it to Ben a little later and he laughed and slapped both hands to his forehead.

No comments: