What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Newest hobby, with creative flare.

Ben has a new hobby - fish! (Maybe he'll be an ichthyologist when he grows up.)
At the beginning of the month, he decided he wanted a fish tank, so he made one. He cut out a piece of paper from a role we had, hung it on the wall, and then found an animal book that had fish in it. He drew the fish, colored them in, and even named them! I thought it turned out amazing!
 
He listed the type of fish and then put their names next to it, so we would all be able to know who is who.
 
He has since done more research about fish, aquariums, and so forth. He checked out books from the library, watched youtube videos, and those kind of things to prepare for his very own fish tank. He wanted to use a large animal cracker container (the really big kind from Sam's club) and have a few goldfish to watch. Then we looked online at PerSmart and he may buy a real tank. I'm not sure what to do, but it's all he can talk about. I showed him some of the fish that my dad had in his fish tank when I was growing up. He has picked out his favorite (Zebra Danio). He has learned all sorts of things. I'm proud of him for doing the research and learning so much about it before trying to do it on his own. Of course, the girls are all getting the pet bug now as well.
 
I thought I'd show pictures of his room since we recently moved him into this area. You can see where he hung his fish tank - right next to his bed. (I'm standing in the doorway of his room as I take these pictures.)

This is the built in desk unit that he uses for his morning scripture reading, and his own little space for doing whatever.

No comments: