What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Friday, December 13, 2013

Tree Update


I was able to put the tree up into the stand the next day (after we glued it) and it seemed to be working just fine. A few days later, I was messing with it and heard it crack again, and the tree listed to the side. Agh!  I quickly grabbed a ribbon that was on the tree and looped it around the top of the tree, then looped it around a hook in the ceiling. Fortunately, it worked to hold up the tree.
A few days later, I noticed the tree was off to the side. I wanted to stand it up straight. I wanted to make it look right. I wanted to forget that the stand is broken, not be reminded of it every time I look at the tree. I want to fix all the ornaments that are not hung carefully around the tree. I want to make it just right! Then again, no one really looks at it. No one comes over so no one outside our little family will ever see it. I am not a perfectionist. My kids enjoyed doing it and I can enjoy what they did! I have since straightened it but the ornaments have not been rearranged. I have enjoyed looking at the random craziness of the ornaments. It is just right the way it is.

No comments: