What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Setting up the Tree

We should have done it last Friday. Kevin had the day off and we just should have done it. I told Kevin I didn't want to end up waiting and then having it not happen until next week... Well, here we are. We couldn't do it Monday or Tuesday because Kevin was busy with testing. We couldn't do it Wednesday because the older kids had activities at the Church. We couldn't do it Thursday because Kevin had a dinner with work. We couldn't do it Friday because I wanted to go to Midland to see the Nativity displays at the Stake Center and enjoy the concert. Finally, we set up the tree tonight. I wanted one more string of lights but that didn't get purchased so I made due with two. The kids enjoyed hanging all the ornaments and I tried not to be too controlling. Unfortunately, as the kids were finishing we all heard a crack and the tree tipped. I caught it before it hit the ground but we were doomed. The plastic stand finally gave in and would no longer do it's job. Ben had to sit and hold the tree while Kevin and I tried to superglue it back together. What a disappointment.









No comments: