What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

This is what happiness looks like...

Okay, only if you're a boy who finished all his school work before 12:30 and earned a mint chocolate chip Klondike bar. Way to go, Ben! He was trying to give me kisses.


It's a new incentive program we are trying. The kids just need a little more motivation to stay focused on their school work. We'll see how it goes. As it warms up I think I'll try adding the park into the program and see if it helps with their worksheets. I'm willing to try anything. I'm reading a book now, that I probably should have read a long time ago, that talks about not having an institution in the home. I'll see if I can figure out a better way to do this yet.

And he happened to pull his loose tooth today, too. It's the new hole on the top.

When he went to the dentist on Monday, I questioned why the other front top tooth hadn't come out yet. The hygienist wasn't concerned but then she realized he is 10 years old. She took an x-ray of the front to make sure he had a tooth. It is there just not coming in yet. She mentioned concern about crowding and we may need braces for this kid to pull that tooth down, but we'll see what happens as he grows.

No comments: