What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Glorious Moment

It happened today, and I could have missed it. We went to the library, our normal Tuesday morning activity, and then I thought about going home for lunch. I decided to go ahead and run errands and stop by a park before Harmonie's doctor appointment. I had planned for this possibility so I had granola bars and juice for the kids. We ran our errands and went to the park - surprised the kids and they were so excited! They ran, yelled, climbed, played, and had a good time. I really enjoyed watching them. We couldn't stay very long so I started to take things back to the car to get ready to pack them all up. Xiomara saw me heading to the car and said, "Mom's leaving, it's time to go." Kemiah, Domonique, and Xiomara headed to the car. Marissa saw us and said to the other two, "Mom's leaving, let's go." All six kids were in the car, getting buckled up and I hadn't said a word! No one complained about having to leave so soon or whined about wanting to stay longer. I didn't have to chase them, yell and holler, or threaten them to get them into the car. It was amazing, fantastic, wonderful, GLORIOUS! I got into my seat amid children saying, "thank you for taking us to the park" and we were off! It truly was a moment to remember forever! Thank you guys, for making the trip great. Maybe we'll go to the park every afternoon.

2 comments:

The Fredericks said...

JEALOUS-- that hasn't happened with my two yet ;)

Jeni said...

Woo Hoo!!!! That is a glorious moment!!! :)