What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Good new and bad news.

That is what my husband said when he came into the living room this evening. The furnace backdrafted some smoke so we were airing out the basement and main level. He had just closed things down and came back in saying, "I have good news and bad news." I waited. Eventually he said, "Good news is the furnace isn't smoking anymore." Damage was done but at least it wouldn't get worse. I waited. "The bad news is there's a skunk in the garage." Bummer. He opened the garage door in the hopes that it would decide to leave on it's own by morning. We hope it doesn't find a way into the coop where the chicks are because that would just be bad. We hope it doesn't decide to spray and make the garage all stinky. One of the only times I will be grateful for a detached garage.

No comments: