What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

What to do...

I am actually really tired of the sun not setting until after 8 p.m. Back in Alaska, we would have this problem all summer long but the kids were younger and it didn't seem like such a big deal to put them to bed when the sun was still shinning because we knew it would shine all night long. Now, the kids are older and I like reading books to them and then, all of a sudden, it's after 8 and we need to get our nightly routine going. I am to the point where I pretend Day Light Savings didn't really happen so it's really only 7 and we are right on time. I really wish we (the country) would get rid of the whole time change thing because I'd rather have the sun come up earlier in the morning to help me get up than to have it stay up later at night. Maybe that's just me, and maybe it stems from the time I spent on the island where the sun came up and went down at about the same time all year round.

3 comments:

Chelsie said...

I agree, I loved having the sun come up early!! (And I even got used to it setting early too)

The Fredericks said...

I'm sorry about the stupid sun- how are your chicks faring?

Jeni said...

I'm in the only place that doesn't change! It's not bad but since everywhere else changes for half the year I'm on the same time as my family, the rest of the year, I'm an hour behind! Oh well!