What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Several days late but oh well.

I turned the big 35 at the end of March. My husband teases that my birthday is the 27th so this year I used that to my advantage - we sort of celebrated all weekend. Saturday was "My Fake Birthday." Sunday was "Almost My Birthday." Monday was "My Real Birthday." I didn't get gifts every day but I did make dessert each night and that usually is only reserved for special occasions. The first night was probably my favorite - chocolate lava cup cakes. I served them with real whipped cream and I thought they were delicious! Kevin took one bite and said they were too much. Ben ate all of his but kept saying it was disgusting (too raw for him). Marissa liked hers but it was a bit rich - she ate it all anyway. The others liked theirs - my real kids.


Sunday night I made my Dad's Rice Chex with white chocolate Almond Bark. It's super easy and really tasty.




Monday some friends came over to play and they brought cake and ice cream so that's what we had for lunch - we had a really late breakfast. It was so great to have people come over and I'm thankful that I have friends who care about me. Thanks!


Monday night we enjoyed a new dessert that I wanted to try out and it was better the next night because it actually had time to freeze. The best part was the strawberries! I love them and really missed them while we were on the island. Keeping with tradition I got a gift that plugs in - an inverter for my laser printer so that I can actually use it. [That's a long story so I won't go into it but we now have a printer I can use at home.]


I am most thankful for my children and husband, and all my family and friends who care enough to think of me on my birthday! Thank you all.

2 comments:

The Fredericks said...

happy B day! I 'm so glad that you had fun :) ps your hair is CUTE and I love kemiah's piggies :)

Natalynn and Paul said...

Happy late birthday! I love the multiple day celebration!!