What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

A little disappointed.

Kevin ordered our baby chicks last Wednesday from a hatchery in Iowa. Yes, we are going to have chickens again. We thought they would arrive today so we waited, all day, at home, reading, painting, playing and cleaning (an all of that was after we did school). The phone call we thought would come never came. I guess they'll arrive tomorrow. The kids were more disappointed than I was but I am getting a little excited to hear their peeps and hold the little balls of fluff. They grow so fast and don't stay little for very long. They'll be staying in the shower stall in the upstairs bathroom for a while. Then we'll make them a place in the basement. Eventually they will move out to the not-yet-designed-or-constructed hen house behind the garage. As always, it will add excitement to our less than ordinary lives. We'll expect eggs in September so I hope we aren't disappointed with that as well. Don't worry, I'll post pictures when they do arrive.

No comments: