What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Made a little too much.

I really wanted to eat cracked wheat cereal down on the island but had no whole wheat to crack. When we got home, we couldn't find the attachment for the Kitchen Aid. Fortunately, my parents came out this past week (post forth coming) and they brought me their old little wheat grinder. Hurray! I finally cracked some wheat this morning and was a bit over zealous. I added water and put the pot on the stove top. Then I had to add more water... and more water... until the cereal was to the top of the pot. I poured it into the largest plastic mixing bowl I have and added butter, honey, sugar and milk, and a dash of salt. There was so much cereal! I had two bowls and would have eaten more if I wasn't afraid of what it would do to my intestines. It was so yummy! Well, I thought so. I don't think anyone else really liked it that much. They ate what I gave them but didn't ask for more. Kemiah didn't even finish what was in her bowl - and I ate half of it for her. So, here's a picture of what I have leftover. I put it into a smaller bowl and will probably be eating it myself for the rest of the week. Good thing I like it.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

yum! sounds good to me! and i bet you even got to use REAL milk! :) jealous.

Nick and Jesse Coleman said...

Sorry, Jacquelle, but I just had to laugh a little when I read this--you are in America, and you are eating homemade cracked wheat cereal?! Although, it does sound yummy and healthy, too. It just kind of sounds like way to much work for being in America :)