What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I'm no longer cool.

I'm just another Michiganer. I'm not sure if that's what I'm really called. Kevin and I went to the DMV and got Michigan licenses and registered our cars so we are now driving around with Michigan plates. Nothing fancy, mind you. But now when I'm driving around and someone is behind me they just think I'm from Michigan. They don't say, "Hey, that person's from Alaska." I won't have the people parking next to me in Wal-Mart ask me about Alaska (yes, that happened once.) Nope. I just blend in with everyone else. I guess that's okay. I'm here to stay for a while anyway so I might as well make it my home. And what better place to start than with your car - or the house because you actually need the permanent address for the car.

1 comment:

American Sky Pirate said...

You know, the funny thing is that I felt the same way when we got our Alaska plates! We would get a lot of comments last summer about the Georgia plates, but now people don't think we are tourists, either! Are you not planning on trying to keep the PFD?