What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Our First Baptism

Ben had his interview with our bishop the Sunday before his birthday. He was nervous and was a little shy but the Bishop said he was ready and worthy to be baptized. We were all excited. With my parents here and my younger sister and her kids, it was a full house and a wonderful experience. Ben helped plan the program and it was good. We had a few friends attend, and that was enough for me. I gave a talk on baptism and Kevin gave a talk on the Holy Ghost. Kevin performed the baptismal ordinance and Gaffa (my dad) was able to confirm Ben and give him the Gift of the Holy Ghost. It was very nice. Both Kevin and I were emotional but that is to be expected.

Here they are before getting dressed into their white clothes.


I just loved Ben's face, happy and looking up at his Dad.




Here is my Dad and my Boy!


All the girls with the Boy.


Cousins.


The youngest cousin, who was walking around and not really interested in getting in the group picture - although I didn't ask.


My wonderful sister and mother who helped with the music. Thanks!


After the baptism, we went out to dinner to Olive Garden. It was Ben's choice (and it counted as my birthday dinner). The parking lot was huge, and full, so we thought it would be a long wait. Fortunately, it only took them about 15 minutes to get tables put together for our large group. It was delicious, of course. My sister was even wise enough to ask if they have a gluten free menu and they do so my Dad was set. We even had them sing to Ben and my sister paid for a yummy cake to share! I enjoyed my own early birthday dessert, and I didn't share this time because they all had cake. Anyway, it was a wonderful evening after a special event!










Table shots are never the best but it was fun to be together and enjoy a wonderful meal that I didn't have to cook.
We are so proud of Benjamin. He is such a great boy. He loves to help and works hard to do a good job. Thanks for loving us!

1 comment:

Jessie said...

congrats ben! what a big step and such a good example to set for all your little sisters. you should be very proud of yourself, we are! :)