What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A little bit lost.

I usually take my kids to a library on the northwest side of Saginaw. Since we moved to the new house, in the southeast side, I have wanted to find a closer library. I thought I knew where one was but when I went to find it today to go to story time, I couldn't find it. What I thought was the library was actually a Catholic Church. I stopped at a gas station and asked. She told me and it was back where we came from. We turned around and went back but I didn't see it. I expected it to be right after the Catholic Church but it wasn't there. We turned around again and went down a side road but it was all houses. Oh bother. I went a little farther north and found it. Needless to say, we were late to story time so we just looked at books. This library is not as big as the other one but it'll do. I got a new library card and she said we could check out three books the first time. Oh... I told her I had five kids and she said we could check out 5 books because she didn't want to tell any one that they couldn't check out a book. Great. I don't think 5 books will last us a whole week so we may have to go back again to check out more, or we'll just wait until next Tuesday and make it to story time. The only really unfortunate thing was that my friend was following us in her car so I dragged her around on this silly chase. Sorry! We all had a good time looking at different books and so that's all that really matters. Next time it will be a quick trip - without all the turn-arounds.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

oh! i want to go to the library! sounds like fun (minus all the turn-arounds)... that is so funny that you were leading someone on that wild goose chase. :)

Jessie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.