What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving.

Kevin had to work in the morning, and the rest of us slept in (for a little bit anyway). Most of the morning was actually normal - family prayer, family scripture reading, some kids had school stuff to do, I fed the baby... After breakfast the kids read books and played while I made lunner. We enjoyed Cornish hens, sweet potatoes, real mashed potatoes, stuffing, and fruit salad. Everyone was pretty full after all that yummy food! They were all very excited to head outside to play in the snow! There was about 1/2 of an inch of snow and they were delighted!
 






I actually got Harmonie into Ben's first snow suit. It's a little big but it worked. She was so excited to be going outside. The boots she ended up with were a little big because I didn't find the smaller ones until she was already outside. It was fun to watch the kids playing, sledding, shoveling, and having a good time together.


I was going to make an apple pie but was a little worried about the age of our canned filling or using Gala apples instead of Granny Smith. I decided on cherry instead. While it baked the kids watched a movie. After the movie was over, and the pie had cooled to an eatable temperature, we all enjoyed eating the pie and talking about what we are thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving to you!



No comments: