What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Thursday, November 28, 2013

What's for dinner?

I was making dinner tonight, and Domonique came to the kitchen doorway. She asked, with a very excited voice, "Are we having pancakes for dinner?" As I poured another one onto the griddle, I answered her question with a yes. She ran to me, hugged my leg and said, "Oh thank you Mommy! I love pancakes. I'm so happy you are making pancakes for dinner." What a funny little thing. You'd think she would gobble them up but she can sit at the table working on eating one or two for quite some time. Maybe what she means is she likes pancakes more than anything else that I make but she still doesn't really like them. I'm just glad I was able to make her so happy. Everyone did thank me for making such a yummy dinner. They were granola pancakes, after all. (Bisquick pancake batter, instant oats, mini chocolate chips, coconut)

3 comments:

Jessie said...

okay, all this pancake talk is getting me hungry! :)

Jessie said...

okay, all this pancake talk is getting me hungry! :)

Jeni said...

My littlest is a huge pancake fan. If you ever ask her what she wants for dinner it's pancakes! Maryn is the slow eater, no matter what it is and no matter how much she says she loves something she can take forever to eat it as well! :)