What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Mini Derby Pies

I saw a friend post about making mini apple pies with her little kids. I thought that was a great idea but I decided to try Derby Pie! I haven't made it in years (mainly because it didn't turn out) so I hoped making them smaller might help. I am not a great pie crust maker and this was no exception. It didn't mix together very well so I added more milk and added a little more milk. I finally decided I was over working it and just grabbed a hand full to roll it out. Ben helped with the first one (I was supposed to be involving the kids, after all) but the girls were all occupied so I just rolled out the rest. It was tough to get the dough into the muffin tin, so next time I'll just use the mini pie plates we have saved up. The batter came together easily and I was excited. The tops got a little darker than I would have liked but they were still soft and they were yummy. Okay, the filling was delicious and the crust was so-so (two kids didn't eat all their crust so maybe it wasn't even so-so). I guess I need to work on it... which means MORE PIE!


No comments: