What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

No Way!

I walked into Church on Sunday and decided that I would sit on the other end of the pew because some one had left their scriptures on our normal end. It all worked out because I was early enough that it wasn't distracting. As I made my way past all my kids I looked around the chapel a bit. I saw someone out of the corner of my eye that I thought I recognized. I know, it's my ward, I should recognize the people in the room. The thing was that I recognized her from another life. I looked directly at her and mouthed the words, "I know you!" Yes, there was great excitement. She stared back at me with amazed recognition as well. She jumped up out of her seat and I moved more quickly so I could greet her with a big hug in the isle! She was the secretary at the Institute of Religion that I attended while I was in college. I graduated in 1998 so it has been a really long time since I have been there or seen her. We were both on the verge of tears with joy and happiness. Turns out she grew up in Saginaw but moved away when she was 10. Turns out she was talking with her dad and they decided to come out and visit Saginaw one last time together. It was really great to see her and I wish we could have had more time to chat. The world is really small and our circle of friends is always growing. But it is always nice to bump into old friends.

1 comment:

Jeni said...

How totally fun!!!!!