What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

More from the garden and canning success

We planted potatoes, just to see what it was like. Kevin bought some from a nursery and we also planted some that we bought from Walmart but I took too long to use them as food. So we got two different kinds when we harvested. We had a variety of sizes and I have used most of the big ones. I guess we need to plant more next year. We also need to figure out how to store them so they will last longer.


Here is the homemade salsa that I made with the onions, green peppers, tomatoes, and jalapeno peppers from our garden. Pretty bland but it looks and smells good.


I also canned over ripe tomatoes and different kinds of beans (that we did not grow in our garden). I used the three jars in a recipe that my family really likes. It was fun to use stuff that I had canned. Next year I will try to can the tomatoes when they are still firm and maybe that will be better.

No comments: