What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

$2.00 for a dozen

Our chickens are laying eggs and we are getting quite a supply in the fridge. Anyone want some free range, farm fresh brown eggs? I just need to find more recipes that use eggs or feed my kids hard boiled eggs. They say they really like them so they would be super excited about that. If you want some, bring an egg carton and some money and I'll even let you gather them from the yard - it's kind of like an Easter egg hunt because some of the chickens aren't laying in the nesting boxes. They lay them where ever they want. Fortunately their yard is all packed dirt (and poop) so it's easy to spot the brown eggs. I'll let you use my poopie shoes to go in the yard so you don't have to worry about cleaning the soles of your shoes.

3 comments:

J. Porters said...

Have you ever made Yorkshire pudding? It takes about a dozen eggs when I make it. You put the eggs, milk, sugar, flour in the blender and whip really good. Pour it into a hot dish with melted butter and bake. It gets really big and puffy. It falls a bit when it cools. I serve it with syrup and cinnamon sugar. (My brother adds cheese and bacon to the top of his.) It is super yummy and super easy. It tastes kind of like french toast except better. I bet your kids would love it. Let me know if you'd like the recipe.

Michigan Roys said...

We actually eat that already, but we call it German Pancakes. We eat it with sour cream and strawberry jam. It's a wonderful way to use up lots of eggs. Thanks!

Natalynn and Paul said...

Haha, I was just going to leave you a comment about these. We call them Hootenanny pancakes!