What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

All home grown

Yes, it's another cooking post. It seems I've been doing a lot of that - oh wait, that's what I do a lot of most of the time. Anyway, Sunday Kevin decided to make fried potatoes and egg omelets for dinner. The potatoes came from our garden. The eggs all came from our chickens. The onions, tomatoes, and peppers that he put in his eggs all came from our garden. It was really fun to sit down and tell the kids, "You helped these things to grow." The meal was extra yummy!

The nicest thing about a garden is that you learn something every year. It's never the same from year to year so I'm sure next year will be better and yet we'll still learn something new. Not just with the planting, weeding, watering, harvesting and storing but with our family, and life in general. I am so thankful that I have a husband that works so hard because I know I wouldn't do nearly as much without him taking the lead.

No comments: