What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Saturday, February 20, 2010

What do you do with a ladybug infestation?

While on the island, I poisoned any ant trail that came near my house. I smashed any centipede in or near my home. You get the idea. Well, in our new home, we have a new friend. A million of them. I'm not sure where they keep coming from but the ladybugs are here - in the middle of winter. I will admit that most of them are dead, but that's after they get into the house. The kids do find the occasional few that are still alive. Most of the time the kids enjoy holding them and having them crawl around. Kemiah had one once... and then she brought it to me and said, "it dead," and she held it out for me to vacuum up. I vacuumed the guest room today and I know I'll find more of them in there tomorrow, or the next day. Kevin said that maybe the farmers in the area order a bunch of them and then put them in the crops to keep away the bad bugs. But why are they still here? As Marissa sat with me the other night, she giggled and said, "There's something on my face." I said, "Yes, it's a lady bug." She laughed again and asked me to take her picture. What a ham. She put it right on her nose. I told her to be careful that it didn't end up in her nose. She assured me that it wouldn't and I told her to get it off her face. I'm just wondering if it will ever get better or will it get worse?

No comments: