What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Latest News!

The ultrasound went great! My appointment was at 10:30 and I was there early. They actually took me in early - BEFORE my appointment time. That was awesome! So then the doctor takes a look at the baby and I get to see the brain, the heart pumping, and the arms and legs moving. It was so wonderful, and really amazing that they can do that. She took measurements and I'm still due the early part of July. Then another doctor, or nurse, who had joined us spent 20 minutes trying to get a better look at the baby's face and private parts to identify the gender. She finally decided, and I agreed, that it appears we are having a GIRL. I will tell you that the baby was being a bit difficult so it took some time trying to figure it out. By the time I left, the lady had given me her pager number so that I can call her when I'm going back for another appointment between 25 and 30 weeks so we can take another look at the baby.

In the following picture you see the head on the right side. Then, if you can, make out the white line of one calf bone (and the word feet). That means her knees are at her forehead. We also got a view of her legs being crossed so it was a big challenge.


This was my first experience with the 3D view. It was kind of weird but I love this picture of her hand.


Here's another picture of the head to knee view. Silly girl.


Here's the best face shot. Because she was bent and her chin was at her chest, we couldn't get a clear shot. Her head is on the right side and you can see the dark spot of her right eye. (Maybe you can.) Kind of alien looking but it was just awesome to see!

5 comments:

bryce and paige said...

Congratulations Jacquelle and Roy family! Yay for having another girl! They are SO wonderful!

Jessie said...

CONGRATS!!! i bet ben is excited! i know he wanted to be the ONLY boy! :)

The Fredericks said...

yay! so so cute- I hope it stays a girl- the Onlys of a family are great :)

Alex Acres said...

Wow!!! That is so wonderful! I hope your enjoying your new home in Saginaw! I see you all bought a new home too! It looks really nice too! I miss having a home! It will be nice to have something to call yours and to actually make payments on something you are going to own someday vs paying rent! Hope your enjoying the snow!

J. Porters said...

That is awesome! I always loved the ultrasound!