What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Laundry in the basement.

(Note: This may not be a very exciting post but I thought I'd share anyway.)

I have had to do my laundry in lots of different places. When we first got married, we waited 6 months before buying a washing machine and drier so I took our laundry to the coin operated laundry mat. That's where I learned about the shooting at Columbine High School. When we bought our first home, we were able to get a washer and drier and they started out inside the house but didn't stay there for long. Once Kevin had the carport enclosed, his dad helped him put in the plumbing and electrical so the machines were moved out to the garage. Both houses in Alaska the machines were in the "basement" but they were finished and living space so it was fine. The first house on the island had the washer out on the veranda - and I hung my clothes on a line. The second house on the island actually had a designated laundry area but still no drier so I hung them on the line in the carport. Now, the machines are in the basement and this is really a basement because it's unfinished and cold. I won't complain any more than that because I am so thankful to have them both and that the hook ups were already there and they are working great!

No comments: