What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Trunk or Treating

Kids love Halloween. I am one of those parents who has a love/hate relationship with this holiday.... so I'll try not to taint their childhood with my opinion.
 
Ben and Marissa have been reading The Ranger's Apprentice series so that's what they decided to be for Halloween. They bought the fabric with their own money so they could make cloaks. I tried to have them sew as much of it as possible so that it would be their's! It was a fun little project and they had a blast!
 

Meet Salt and Pepper. I wish I had made them cardboard "hats" that look like shakers tops but oh well.

M&Ms - they look tasty to me! 

Piglet and Marshmallow. We have had that white sweatsuit since Ben's first trick-or-treating experience, before he was 2 when we lived in Florida. Each of the kids has been Marshmallow so it's a family tradition.

Most of the families had a game at their trunk so it was lots of fun. We enjoyed walking around with friends and the weather was wonderful - sunny and warm for the end of October!


Camdilyn enjoyed walking around while she chewed on a twisler stick still in the package. One end opened and she got a taste of the yummy goodness inside. I hope it washed out of the shirt. She had a great time, even though she doesn't understand the candy concept.

My favorite part was having the kids paired up so they went around with a buddy. Kevin and I hung out with the younger four while the older kids talked with friends and enjoyed a bit of freedom with lots of adults around.
 
When we got home, Kevin took some time to just sit and read some Calvin and Hobbes. It's a great way to pass the time and kids will come and join - we all love Calvin and Hobbes! It was a great activity and a wonderful day!
 
Next year, I think I'll try to borrow or rent some costumes from a family in our ward who are much more creative than I am. I love all the ideas that people share but I just don't work that way. So I'll use their old ideas and my kids will have real costumes instead of clothes with letters taped on.

No comments: