What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Canning our harvest

Yesterday was the day I decided to do some canning. Wow, what a job. Wash, peel, cut up, and all the other stuff. I'm sure it will get easier but it takes a lot of time. I can only fit 7 quarts in my canner at one time, so I did the potatoes first. I only had to use 14 medium/large potatoes so I think I will be canning for the rest of winter.... wait, the potatoes may not last that long. We still need to get most of them out of the ground! Anyone want some potatoes? It took two pie pumpkins to fill the 7 quarts. One jar didn't seal so I used it tonight to make pumpkin cake (which we will eat after conference tomorrow). I still had more puree left over so we can make pumpkin cookies on Monday, and probably pumpkin pancakes as well! Good thing we all enjoy eating it!
 

No comments: