What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Pretending

My kids are pretty good at making up stories and playing/acting them out. They all have different parts, doing this or doing that, and they make it all work together (usually). Right now, they are outside playing together. I saw Emily talking with Xiomara, as if they were deciding who was doing what. Kemiah came up from behind Emily and grabbed her, and brought her to the ground. I would have bet money on the outcome: Emily would be crying, furious and shout at Kemiah. I would have lost. Emily might have said something but they went right on pretending and Ben joined the group. Maybe Kemiah was supposed to capture Emily. It was just interesting to watch it all unfold and no one came crying to me! Now that's a step in the right direction!

Out a different window I saw Harmonie and Domonique playing together - not yet old enough, or big enough to play with the big guys, but happy to play together outside! What a wonderful time!

Now I come back to what I'm doing - inside, trying to get Camdilyn to eat her baby food.

No comments: