What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Friday, October 31, 2014

Halloween

We started the day with jack-o-lantern pancakes. I made some of the batter bright yellow, and the rest of it orange (as best I could). Then I made some faces on the kids pancakes, and I wish I had taken pictures but I really didn't think anything of it. They enjoyed seeing the different faces and I tried to make some scary or mad or funny or happy. Then Ben tried to make a Frankenstein. Then Marissa decided she wanted to try. It was at that point I decided you had to see what she did because it was artistic, of course.
I had used up all the bright yellow so had to change the orange batter to something else. I didn't really want green but the kids didn't really care. Marissa just couldn't help herself and made a cat face and a howling wolf. Just had to share her latest artistic creation.

We spent the rest of the day on school. I had big plans to head to a friend's house for dinner, some trick-or-treating and then stop by another friend's neighborhood for more treats and then go home to enjoy the candy loot. Unfortunately, we are not that dedicated to this holiday so the bad weather (cold, rainy/snowy, windy) caused us to stay home. Kevin took the kids to the store for pizza and candy and a movie. Then we all enjoyed our time together as a family. I guess we'll just enjoy our own tradition.

No comments: