What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Ziibiwing Center

We went on our second school sponsored field trip. This time I did it by myself, and it worked out just fine. The Ziibiwing Center is all out the Indians who lived in our area before the white man showed up. They lost some of their lifestyle when the children were forced into white man's schools but now they are returning and trying to share their history with others. It was interesting to learn from them and watch the dancers. 
 

Poor Harmonie spent almost the entire time
strapped into the stroller
so I could keep track of her.




The school group that attended the field trip.
Can you find my five kids?

Indian dancers with my Fabulous Five.
FYI - The clothing weighs 40 pounds.

We all had a nice time and we were glad we went. The kids really enjoyed meeting some of their teachers, and socializing with the other students was very fun for most of the kids.

No comments: