What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Carving Pumpkins


A while back Kevin bought pumpkins with the kids. We decided we'd carve them while his family was here. Unfortunately, it didn't happen while Memere was here. Fortunately, we did get it done with Chris, on his last night with us. It's nice to have an extra set of adult hands to help out. The kids were much faster at deciding on their designs this year, but we had to improvise some because they don't understand that we can't cut out circles or curves very well. I must admit they all turned out great! It was so fun - even though I seem to dread it a bit in the beginning. Kevin and Chris did most of the carving - I had a baby to feed. We all enjoyed going outside to see them lit up!








We also enjoyed root beer floats afterward. Yummy! Oddly enough, Domonique didn't eat all of hers, but everyone else enjoyed them to the last drop. We should have those more often!


 
Here they are waiting for the lighting of the candles! It was neat to seem them glowing, but you I couldn't get a good picture of them glowing. What a fun evening.

1 comment:

Jeni said...

It's so hard helping carve pumpkins with only 2 parents! And I only have 5 kids with one that can do it on his own! I love all the fun stuff you guys do and I love that you post it all here to share! :) Have a wonderful Halloween! I hope it's not too cold this year!