What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Sunday, October 20, 2013

New Look for our Old Chairs

Kevin bought me this table and chairs set back in our first house in Alaska. I love them. I covered them with plastic in our second house in Alaska. They are since (and already were) a bit dirty and stained from the kids feet rubbing on the white fabric. They stayed in Kevin's parent's basement while we were on the island and then we moved them to Michigan. The plastic was splitting and cracking and tearing (with the help of booster seats and little fingers). I decided to cover them with new fabric instead of trying to clean the white cloth. So then I had to figure out what I wanted to do!
 

I found four coordinating fabrics and decided to make two chairs in each style. So here are our new chairs. I really like them....





Now I need to paint the walls and redo the floor! (Or not.)
 
This is what my baby did while I worked the first night.
 

What a sweet baby!

3 comments:

Kammerman Family said...

How fun! I remember when they were new when we stayed with you in Alaska! Good memories!

Jessie said...

i just caught up on your blog. i love the chairs, but ooooh that baby. she looks like a perfect little baby doll. just precious.

The Fredericks said...

the chairs and baby are delicious!