What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Realization

Yesterday, as Domonique was finishing up dinner, she said to me: Mom, when I smile with my mouth closed I have a dimple. Then she showed me, and put her finger in the dimple of her left cheek. Later the same evening she realized that she has a dimple even when she smiles with her mouth open! What a fun little three year old.

She loves to show us how old she is by holding up three fingers. Then she'll say, "Next I'll be this more" and she holds up four fingers. Then she'll say, "Then I'll be this more" and she holds up five. The best part is when she continues, "I can't be this more until I'm this more." She understands that she can't be five until she is four. Smart little girl with a bit of curl in her hair and a dimple in her cheek.

She is being included in the wood hauling business. She gets to go out with Dad and the guys when he cuts down trees, splits and brings the wood home. She LOVES being included. After lunch today, Kevin asked her if she was going to go with him or stay home with Mom. There was no hesitation when she pointed and said, "I'm going with you." (She used to be a stay-at-home-with-Mom girl.) I'm not sure how much she actually contributes to the work effort but that's not the point for her - she loves being a big kid! Now we'll have to call them the Super Six instead of the Fab Five.

No comments: