What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Look what we came home to...

We went to our family reunion, my side of the family, for 10 days. It was really great but that's not what this post is about. When we arrived home, Kevin and I went right out to the garden to see what had happened while we were gone. We said hello to the chickens and did a head count. No one was missing. We were stunned by the garden. Here are a few pictures to show you how well it has done!

This seems to be the only head of cauliflower and we planted several. Oh well, I don't like it anyway.



There were several pumpkins so maybe we will be carving this Halloween - this will be our first time.



The jalapeno peppers that our neighbor gave us are all doing really well.



We have four cherry tomato plants and are very excited to see lots of little tomatoes.



Here you can see (from left to right) broccoli, regular tomatoes, corn on the cob, zucchini, summer squash, onions (on top), peas (in front). We also brought in some cucumbers. We haven't dug up any potatoes yet. I also saw some watermelons, cantaloupes and a couple green peppers.



This is what I found on our porch. I guess a few chickens are laying earlier than we expected.



Just to give you a better idea of the size of the zucchini that Kevin brought in...

No comments: