What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Marissa's third tooth is gone.

She would walk around the house wiggling it with her tongue. That's one of the things that sends shivers up my back. I tried to talk her into letting me pull it with pliers but she kept saying no. While my dad was here (back in July) she agreed to let him pull it for her. He tied a piece of dental floss around the tooth and after the first attempt slid off he was able to yank it out with a little tug. It flew out of her mouth and fell onto the couch. She was so surprised by how easily it came out and it didn't even hurt. The new tooth had already started to make it's way in.
Later that day she came to talk to me about the tooth fairy. She knows it's me - I have a hard time "making" my kids believe in things that are fantasy. She talked to me as if the tooth fairy was real. "Mom, if you see the Tooth Fairy, could you remind her that I didn't get paid for one of the teeth that I lost on the island." I went along with it for a little while, telling her I'd make sure the fairy made it up to her. Then I finally said, "You know who the Tooth Fairy is, right?" She said, "Yes, but I like to pretend." I'm cool with that. I did make it up to her and paid her for two teeth. Kids are great.

1 comment:

Steven said...

Make her believe: catch the Tooth Fairy in the act. Free code: fairyproof

http://www.iCaughtTheToothFairy.com