What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Navuoo Take 3

I was thinking of going home Thursday... but I wasn't packed or ready so we stayed one more day! The kids were very excited and we headed back to Nauvoo to finish seeing the places we hadn't seen yet. Some homes, the drug store and the school house. I thought the lens was working but then it quit so I was back to my telephoto.
 





The kids were drawing on the slate boards in the school house - all of them concentrated and did very well. It was fun to do something rather than being told not to touch anything.



There were a couple cabins open to walk through and the kids really enjoyed "playing" in them. One was a one room cabin with a loft, and the other one had two rooms with a loft. It was good to see how the pioneers lived before they built all those nicer homes.

The cultural hall. The Church had to fix it to get it back to it's original look. 


We also went out to the quarry where they got the stones for the temple. It was neat to see the site. The kids thought it was the Mississippi River because it was all full of water. What hard work it was to blast the stone and cut it and haul it out. Amazing.


One of the only homes that is not brick.

We really enjoyed our visits to Nauvoo. We have see all the sites, and toured all the homes and buildings. We even drove by the places that are owned by the other church (used to be the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, I think they are Community of Christ now). I'm so glad we had a few days of sunshine and nice weather to be able to walk about so much.

No comments: