What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Let's go to Old Nauvoo

With the sunshine we decided to head on out to tour some of the sites we haven't seen in Nauvoo. We were so excited that the weather was finally cooperating with us. The kids all wanted to stop by the brickyard when we passed it, so that was our first stop. 
 

We walked to Lucy Mack Smith's home and then went back to the car. I was planning on going to the visitor center to get a map and figure out where the places were that we haven't been to yet, but we passed the gunsmith, tin smith, post office, and print shop and everyone wanted to stop. We've been to all those but the kids wanted to go so we went.


We actually went to the gunsmith and then the tin smith, then the kids wanted to go play at the kids area for a bit. I let them go and they had a great time dressing up, pretending and playing games.



Camdilyn enjoyed her time in the stroller inspecting flowers while she basked in the heat of the sunshine!


Ben worked on and improved his stilt walking skills!


Cute kids!



We made it to the print shop and they all worked together to see how the printing press works to create a book.
 
It was about this time that I realized my camera lens wasn't working. It has been acting up ever since I left the camera outside (back in Michigan, after our kickball game in the backyard) and it got rained on. The camera would give me an error, I would have to turn it off and take off the lens and then turn it back on. It would usually work and take more pictures but while I was trying to get pictures of the kids doing the activities it just wouldn't take any pictures. I decided to do a little trouble shooting: is it the camera or the lens? I switched to my telephoto lens and it took pictures just fine. So it's the lens and I am now limited in my picture taking ability because I have to stand farther away. Oh well. It was a great trip to Nauvoo. We went mid-morning and got home in time for dinner. I couldn't believe how long we stayed. The kids didn't whine, or complain, or even mention lunch (which we totally skipped). I am very grateful that my mother went with us.


No comments: